This course provides the basic concepts and tools needed by personnel to apply gender perspective in their work at NATO, with the aim of improving operational effectiveness.
If you wish to join a resident course you may have your agency POC send a seat request.
Please click on the POC Finder
to obtain the contact information of your agency POC.
ADL courses can be accessed without the need for enrolment but students are required
to register through the JADL portal
using a military/government email address otherwise they will not be accepted.
Improving Operational Effectiveness by Integrating the Gender Perspective:
After competing this lesson, you will be able to:
- Understand that the different needs and roles of women, men, girls and boys impact military tasks and functions.
- Recognise how integrating gender perspective contributes to operational effectiveness.
- Apply gender perspective in scenarios of patrolling, checkpoints and engagement with the local population is a culturally sensitive manner.
- Recall that NATO Bi-SC Directive 40-1 obligates the strategic, operational and tactical levels to integrate gender perspective.
- Recognise United Nations Security Council Resolutions on Women, Peace and Security and the Convention to Eliminate All Forms of Discrimination Against Women.
As part of NATO School resident courses, it is recommended that all students complete this ADL course before arrival at NSO. - When ADL 169 is completed, please print the certificate and bring it to your Course Assistant on the first day of the Course. An additional recognition will be put on your NSO course certificate.
||English 2222 IAW STANAG 6001
||NCO: OR-1 thru OR-9
Officer: OF-1 thru OF-9
Through interactive scenario-based exercise, you will gain an understanding of how the different needs and roles of men, women, girls and boys impact military tasks and functions.
This self-paced course is available on the NSO eLearning Platform.
Students selected for NSO resident or distributed learning courses via the allocation process will receive NSO eLearning Platform registration instructions sent to their official email address.
Those individuals not registered for an NSO resident or distributed learning course may find this self-paced course on NATO JADL. Individual registration is required.
Associated Courses and ADL Modules