To enable architects, modellers and analysts from NATO, the Nations, and Industry to develop architecture artefacts IAW the principles laid out by the NATO Enterprise Architecture Policy and Directive and established in the NATO Architecture Framework Version 4 (NAFv4).
If you wish to join a course you may have your agency POC send a seat request.
Please click on the POC Finder
to obtain the contact information of your agency POC.
Explain NATO Enterprise Architecture Policy and Directive principles:
- Explain the aim and principles of Architecting.
- Distinguish between different Architecture types.
- Summarize NAFv4 objectives, its composition and methodology.
- Explain NATO Enterprise Architecture principles.
Apply NATO modelling concepts:
- Explain and employ the basic concepts of Architecture description.
- Summarize the NAFv4 Grid and its Viewpoints.
- Distinguish between Viewpoints and Views.
- Compare NAFv4 compliant Meta-Models.
- Summarize the purpose and principles of Federated Mission Networking (FMN).
- Explain how NAFv4 is used to develop Mission Threads for each FMN Spiral.
Define scope and environment:
- Outline required resources for the execution of architecture management processes.
- Summarize the Architecture life cycle.
- Categorize Architecture styles.
- Interpret the Architecture landscape.
- Apply Architecture principles.
- Explain Architecture Assets.
Employ the appropriate architecture process:
- Outline Architecture standards and processes.
- Explain Architecture motivation factors.
- Summarize Architecture document types.
- Delineate Architecture stages and cycles.
- Interpret the Architecting environment.
- Apply Architecting principles and components on the Enterprise level.
- Apply Architecting principles and components on the project scope.
- Conduct a stakeholder analysis.
- Create a L2-L3 diagram for a given scenario.
Explain how to use and extend the NAFv4 in Capability Realization Projects:
- Theorize how the NAFv4 can be used for a national project.
- Explain how to extend the NAFv4 grid and implement a meta-model.
- Recall the usage of modelling and analysis tools.
Create Concepts Views:
- Explain the Viewpoints in the Concepts Row.
- Create and modify Concepts Row Views for a given scenario.
Create Service Views:
- Explain the Viewpoints in the Service Specifications Row.
- Create and modify Service Specifications Views for a given scenario.
Create Logical Specification Views:
- Explain the Viewpoints in the Logical Specifications Row.
- Create and modify Logical Specifications Views for a given scenario.
Create Physical Resource Specification Views:
- Explain the Viewpoints in the Physical Resource Specifications Row.
- Create and modify Physical Resource Specifications Views for a given scenario.
Create Architecture Foundation Views:
- Explain the Viewpoints in the Architecture Foundation Row.
The target audience consists of officers (OF-1 to OF-5) and NCOs (OR-7 to OR-9) and their civilian equivalents who work in NATO, national and commercial projects working with NAFv4 compliant architectures.
||English 3232 IAW STANAG 6001
||NCO: OR-7 thru OR-9
Officer: OF-1 thru OF-5
This one week course is comprised of lectures; guided discussions and excerises set within the themes of:
- NATO Enterprise Architecture (EA) Concepts
- NAFv4 Structure and Terminology
- NAFv4 Methodology
- NAFv4 Views and Viewpoints
- NAFv4 Meta-Models