The aim of this course is to prepare officers and NCOs with the criteria and guidelines in the area of SBAD Operations in order to be able to perform as an evaluator and conduct ACO TACEVAL Capability Evaluations (CAPEVAL), Entry-Level Assessments (STARTASSESS) ,Tactical Firings and Operational Capability Concept Evaluation and Feedback (OCC E&F) NATO Evaluation Level 2 (NEL2) evaluations as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
If no seats are available, you may have your agency POC send a seat waiting list request.
Please click on the POC Finder
to obtain the contact information of your agency POC.
ACO TACEVAL Programme:
Given references, students will be able to describe the ACO TACEVAL Programme, the ACO TACEVAL Programme organizations and the conduct of SBAD CAPEVALs and Tactical Firings.
As part of a TACEVAL Team the student will perform the duties of a TACEVAL Programme evaluator through observing, note taking and group report writing utilizing amplifying notes and grading criteria out of and in accordance with AFS Vol. VI (STEM).
Given references, students will be able to apply the procedures and guidelines for all elements of the TACEVAL Programme to include Pre-Entry Assessment (Evaluation Verification Visit (EVV)), Entry-Level Assessment (STARTASSESS), Capability Evaluation (CAPEVAL) and Tactical Firing in accordance with AFS Vol. VI and ACO Directive (AD) 080-002.
The student will be able to describe the complexity and interdependences of ACO TACEVAL Programme Scenarios, the use of simulations during SBAD CAPEVALs, and the integration of scenario injects from Logistics and Force Protection areas and coordination required by evaluators in accordance with AFS Vol. VI.
- Be any military member of the rank OR-6 through OF-3 in NATO countries or their civilian equivalents. Acceptance of OF-4 nominations will be subject to OPR approval.
- Be assigned to a NATO unit declared to SACEUR or in a HQ position which supports NATO TACEVAL.
- Have experience in specific SBAD Operations area that requires evaluation as specified in ACO Forces Standards Vol VI.
- Be any military member of the rank OR-6 through OF-4 in Partner nations. Acceptance of OF-5 nominations will be subject to OPR approval.
- Have experience in specific GBAD Operations area that requires evaluation as specified in ACO Forces Standards Vol VI.
||English 3222 IAW STANAG 6001
||NCO: OR-6 thru OR-9
Officer: OF-1 thru OF-3
The course is an externally supported programme of instruction, which is delivered by SBAD experts drawn from the TACEVAL Programme organizations within ACO.
1. Interactive lectures from 20 to 50 minutes followed by a 10-minute question and answer (Q & A) period aimed at deepening student understanding and give students direction on procedures and concepts to be applied when evaluating.
2. Problem-based syndicate work in small groups to facilitate and train the ability of the student to effectively contribute as a TACEVAL Programme evaluator.
3. Self-study during an appropriate time-frame, depending on the learning progress of the class, in order to provide review and practice of paragraph-writing skills, including the correct phrasing and use of defined terms.
The ACO TACEVAL Programme evaluator qualification will generally be achieved after at least one additional on the job training participation as an evaluator UT in the respective area of expertise during an ACO TACEVAL Programme evaluation.
Completion of this course enhances the qualification of the student and helps to ensure the standardized application of evaluation and grading procedures and guidelines throughout ACO.aim of this course is to prepare students to perform their duties as operations evaluators in the area of SBAD Operations during TACEVAL and Tactical Firing. NATO member nations evaluators must have a NATO Secret Security Clearance in order to complete the accrediation process.