Standard, Evaluation and Training (SET)
WHAT IS SET?
- The Standard, Evaluation and Training Department (SET) shapes, supports and monitors academic excellence within the Academic Directorate by following the NATO Systems Approach to Training and Education.
- The NSO's competence, knowledge and skills on eLearning Instructional Design, NATO Global Programming, NATO Systems Approach to Training and NATO Quality Assurance resides in SET. SET works cross-functional with the Academic sister departments by advising and consulting Department Directors and Course Directors on subject-matter related challenges and issues and offers solutions in line with NATO Strategic Direction and Guidance.
- NATO Education and Individual Training Management System (NEITMS) is the Education and Individual Training (E&T) Management model that defines, produces and maintains all NATO E&T. designed on the industry Standard System’s Approach to Training (SAT) model, NEITMS is a comprehensive E&T process that focuses on operational requirements and the needs of the organisation.
WHY IS EDUCATION IN THIS ACADEMIC DEPARTMENT’S FIELD NEEDED?
The SET Department prepares NSO and other NATO personnel in their Education and Training roles by providing a series of tailored courses to develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes of instructors, instructional designers and standards personnel. The courses address:
- The knowledge and skills required to create ADL / e-Learning products, as well as implement and evaluate ADL / e-Learning solutions in support of NATO E & IT requirements.
- The roles, responsibilities, and products involved in the Global Programming framework.
- The skills required to design, develop, and deliver efficient, quality education and individual training (Systems Approach to Training).
- The ACT Quality Assurance Program and the development of institutional activities focused on continuous improvement.
WHO ARE SET COURSES FOR?
WHICH STRATEGIC /TACTICAL/OPERATIONAL LEVEL DO THEY ADDRESS?
If you are involved in
- Delivery, management and development of programmes of Classes which describe the education and training requirement as well as the design of the instruction;
- Evaluation of Education and Training including Post Course Reviews, by collecting feedback from student and faculty, analysing the data and reporting findings to inform the chain of command on the quality of our courses and engage in continuous improvement;
- Curriculum Review Boards, which provide oversight of the curriculum to ensure relevancy, integrated use of academics resources, and incorporation emerging concepts/doctrines into your organisation's curriculum;
- Development, Production and Management of Advanced Distributed Learning (ADL) solutions;
- Development, management and quality assurance of Course Control Documentation;
- Designing, managing and evaluating Academic Staff Development Programs, to include Academics Staff Training, Continuation Training, and Professional Development;
- Planning, conduct, evaluation and delivering Pilot Courses;
- Documentation of all of the in a traceable and transparent manner;
- Quality assurance in your organization in every thinkable aspect;
- Management of Learning Management Systems;