Surrounded by the picturesque landscape in the foothills of the Bavarian mountains, and equipped with state of the art educational facilities, the NATO SCHOOL Oberammergau (NSO) provides the NATO Alliance with a premier teaching institution and also offers eligible organisations an ideal conference facility. In this regard, the NSO has long been known as a favoured meeting location for many successful events, such as:
- International Conferences and Seminars
- Association Meetings
- Defence Symposiums
The NSO offers one of the most modern, military conference centres in Bavaria. The main auditorium can seat up to 240 conference attendees and is equipped with the necessary technical equipment and support to make your conference a success. In addition many other rooms varying in size and capacity as well as an exhibition area can be reserved.
We will support your event with a professional team and tailor arrangements to suit your requirements. Organizations wishing to use our facilities should contact us as soon as possible to discuss available dates and special requirements.
Please fill out the conference request form to get in contact with the NSO’s conference team.
Conference Request Form
Rates are per day, per person:
|Every following day
Coffee, tea and soda drinks from a soda fountain are included in the fee. Lunch may be purchased in our cafeteria. We have a Lodge with 65 rooms and we offer a billeting service to book personnel into local hotels.
We provide a free shuttle bus service that collects and drops personnel off at local hotels. We do not collect from Munich Airport, but we run a contracted bus service to the airport that departs on Fridays at 13:00 for a modest fee. For a detailed description of available and/or included services please see below.
Services included in basic fee:
- Dedicated NSO conference director and/or administrator to assist with coordination and execution of the conference
- Use of reserved classroom/conference room
- Use of reserved syndicate/break-out rooms
- Use of beamers, projectors, screens, computers, audio system
- Use of the NSO's billeting office online booking system
- Use of NATO Recreation Centre: gym and shoppette
- Use of the normally scheduled NSO shuttle bus for transport in and around Oberammergau during the conference
- NSO standard nametags for conference delegates
- A group photo of conference delegates. (One digital copy of the photo will be given to conference POC)
- Use of copy machines (100 free copies - if more than 100 copies are to be made, the conference requester/organiser will be billed for the required amount of paper)
- Use of the coffee shop beverage service - includes unlimited coffee, water, and fountain soda and juice drinks
Additional services available but not included in the basic fee:
- Any additional security measures. (VIP protection, extra guarding requirements to protect classified information)
- Use of the NATO Community Club for meals on a pay-as-you-go basis, at a pre-determined rate per person, per meal
- Welcome socials/ice-breakers on a pay-as-you-go basis, at a pre-determined rate per person
- Neuschwanstein castle tour on a pay-as-you-go basis, at the standard rate per person
- Additional shuttle bus or sedan transportation on a reimbursable basis
Payment methods for US personnel:
For US activities/personnel who cannot use their government issued travel card (or pay with other methods described above), the following procedures may be used for effecting payment:
- Prepare, with all pertinent info, a public voucher for purchases and services (SF 1034);
- NSO will provide, upon request, a pre-payment invoice;
- SF 1034, pre-payment invoice, a GFEBS obligation entry, should be sent to the DFAS Europe or the Benelux Finance Office. Disbursement will then be made via EFT to NSO.