As of 25 May 21
** New or Updated Information
NSO Hygiene Policy with effect for courses after 29 May 22:
ENTRY INTO GERMANY
- Before travelling, please check the entrance criteria to enter Germany. Please visit the official RKI website for the latest updates.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY INTO THE NATO SCHOOL
- ALL students, speakers and guests are to be fully vaccinated or recovered:
- Proof of full vaccination (all required doses plus 14 days) with a vaccine approved by the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut or
- Proof of having contracted COVID-19 in the period NET 28 days prior to NSO entry and NLT three months prior to entry (recovery); a medical certificate is required as proof of recovery.
- Those who have received the Janssen (Johnson&Johnson) vaccine are now required to have 2 doses. The second dose can be Janssen, Comirnaty (Biontech/Pfizer) or Spikevax (Moderna) as per the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut
- In addition ALL students, speakers and guests are to provide a negative COVID-19 test:
- The negative COVID-19 test must be taken within 72-hours prior to entry to the School.
- Self-tests will not be accepted.
- Documents for both requirements will be reviewed at the time of in-processing
- Accepted tests: PCR, TMA, LAMP, rapid antigen. Antibody tests are not accepted.
- The test result has to be available as a printout or in electronic form clearly show name of person being tested, date of test, test method, and test result
- The test result needs to be validated by a physician or a recognised laboratory/pharmacy. Not a self-test.
- The NSO can facilitate COVID-19 tests for those students that will require one prior to their return to their respective home countries. Please see details below.
- People are considered fully vaccinated/immunised:
- 2-weeks after the second dose
- Contracted COVID-19 illness NET 28-days and NLT 3-months prior to entry. Medical Certificate required as proof.
- Provide the vaccination certificate upon in-processing.
- FFP2 face masks are only required on NSO transport (wef 26 May 22)
- They are no longer required within the NSO.
- Mandatory for public transportation in Bavaria.
- Masks will be available for purchase at the Student Admin desk at a price of 5 EUR for two masks.
FACILITATION OF COVID-19 TESTS PRIOR TO RETURN HOME
- There is a test centre located at the WellenBerg pool (Himmelreich 52) that is able to provide PCR tests. The centre is approximately a 15 minute walk from the NATO School.
- Payment is 70 EUR for the PCR and is paid by the individual at the test centre.
- A coupon/bonus card is available at the test centre that will reduce the price by 5 EUR.
- Tuesday – Sunday 1100-1400hrs and 1445-1900hrs.
- Results will be available 24-48 hours after the test.
- The Munich Airport offers a Test and Fly programme for travellers. See Munich Airport "Test & Fly" for more details.
- If there are any questions, please contact Student Administration via the Contact Form, choosing Category "Courses".