The NSO will only consider internships if:
- The internship is mandatory (e.g. part of a University programme) - with no time limitation
- The internship is prior to higher education - time limit of three months or less.
- The Intern is at least 18 years old.
- Interns are citizens of NATO Nations.
The prospective intern is to produce the following upon application:
- Proof of nationality, e.g. photo of your passport.
- A reference from the sponsor/organization.
- A Curriculum Vitae.
- Military interns are to provide a valid security clearance, preferably NATO SECRET.
- Interns (military or civilian), without a valid security clearance but in possession of a valid reference and Criminal Record Check, are to be restricted to employment with access up to and including NATO RESTRICTED information.
- A Criminal Record Check or character reference from a Local Government Authority (must be current and within 3 months of the application date).
- A valid certificate of medical insurance (not required if a military intern).
- Interns are unpaid.
- The NSO does not pay for accommodation.
NSO recommends the following accommodation; please contact the owners for terms and conditions:
- Ammerzonas FeWo
- Dedlerhaus Pension
- Hildegard Gästehaus
- Huber Evi FeWo
- Huber Otto Gästehaus
- Riegg Carina FeWo
- Rose FeWo
- Gästehaus Schauer
- Hotel-Pension Stadler
- Zum Stern Gasthaus
- The Dean of Academics will determine whether an intern is permitted to facilitate and/or attend courses and be credited with attendance and/or completion of the course.